An evidence-based parenting course promoting effective communication and positive relationships in families with adolescents aged 11 to 16 years.
The Parent Plus Adolescent Programme considers how parents can connect with and build good relationships with their teenage children, while also being firm and influential in their lives.
– Getting to know and connecting with your teenager
– Communicating positively and effectively
– Building your teenager’s self-esteem and confidence
– Negotiating rules and boundaries
– Teaching teenagers responsibility
– Positive discipline for teenagers
– Managing conflict
– Solving problems together
Support your adolescent to:
– Make responsible choices
– Communicate positively
– Feel empowered
– Achieve their goals
As a parent, learn how to:
-Improve communication with your teenager
– Find solutions to problems together
– Teach your teenager responsibility
– Have a better relationship with each other
This course is open to all parents and carers. Where possible, we recommend that both parents attend the course as we have found this helps the child the most. If you are a single parent, please feel free to bring along another supportive family member. We will meet all parents for an individual introductory meeting prior to the group starting.
Where? SPOT Central, 17/F, Wing’s Building, 110-116 Queen’s Road Central
When? Fridays at 6:15-8:15pm run by Jane Murrihy, child and educational psychologist
How much? 12000HKD per family for 8 sessions. Please note that the online credit card payment will incur an extra 4% handling fee. Please call the clinic if you would like to make a bank transfer.
Payment for group must be made in full prior to first session. In order to maintain the group numbers consistency, there will be no refund or make up sessions offered unless a doctor’s certificate is provided.