Verbal language and nonverbal language skills go hand in hand when we ‘read’ a social situation and decide to initiate, engage/respond or withdraw from it. Interactions and discussions with other adolescents through board games and conversations about a wide range of topics and experiences are our platform to practise these skills.
Areas of Focus include:
– Reading context cues/perspective-taking skills (understanding the intent of others and inferring what others are thinking)
– Reading and using nonverbal cues (e.g. facial expressions, gestures, prosody, body language)
– Expressing emotions such as empathy, support, praise, sadness, frustration
– Conversational skills (e.g. turn-taking, topic maintenance/changes, stylistic variations adjusted for different communication partners)
– Understanding and use of sarcasm and humour
Where? SPOT Central, 17/F, Wing’s Building, 110-116 Queen’s Road Central
When? Saturdays biweekly at 2:00pm-2.50pm (50 minutes)
How much? 700HKD for group session and 950HKD per joint session. Please note that the online credit card payment will incur an extra 4% handling fee. Please call the clinic if you would like to make a bank transfer.
Ages 14-16 years old.
The Social Crew will be run by Michelle To (speech and language therapist).