As children grow older, social experiences and relationships start becoming more complex, and the skills required also become more advanced. Practising these skills in an environment that offer meaningful and internally motivating situations increase enjoyment in engaging with others and forming and maintaining friendships.
Areas of Focus include:
– Perspective-taking skills (understanding another person’s intent and inferring what others are thinking)
– Using verbal strategies (e.g. to initiate, agree, refuse, negotiate, compromise, problem-solve)
– Reading and using nonverbal cues (e.g. facial expressions, gestures, prosody, body language)
– Conversational skills (e.g. turn-taking, topic maintenance/changes)
– Following and staying with the group plan
– Body awareness and personal space
– Frustration tolerance
Where? SPOT One Island South, 10/F, Unit 1021-25, 2 Heung Yip Road, Wong Chuk Hang
When? Tuesdays at 4:00-4:50pm (50 minutes) for 7-9 year olds / Saturdays at 4:40-5:30pm (50 minutes) for 8-10 year olds
How much? 700HKD for group session and 950HKD per joint session. Please note that the online credit card payment will incur an extra 4% handling fee. Please call the clinic if you would like to make a bank transfer.
Ages 7-9 and 8-10 years old.